2010 has been a strange year. Lots of ups and downs, turning over new leafs, making big decisions and making new discoveries.
I’ve promised my friend, Charlene, that I would make an effort to be more positive, so taking a page from Sweet Annie’s book, I decided to post some blessings from this year.
- After three years of having a wonderful in-home sitter in our old neighborhood, we found a wonderful, affordable daycare/preschool for Ben that’s within walking distance from home.
- Josh got the teacher he wanted for 5th grade. I’ve talked with Mr. V. several times and I am thrilled that such a teacher exists.
- Rick decided to go back to school to earn his Master’s degree in I.T. I’m immensely proud of my husband for always looking forward and striving for goals, no matter how hard. I hope our boys have their eyes focused on their dad and pick up a few pointers.
- It’s not very often in life that we have our path revealed for us early in life. I think I’ve witnessed this with Jacob. We’re blessed with another awesome teacher who saw something in Jacob and 9 other students and launched their school’s first ever Lego Robotics team. In these past two months, I’ve seen my eldest child come alive in a way I’ve never seen before. He’s learning about the vast field of engineering, programming, working with a team, learning to problem solve and as you can see here, the rewards of hard work.
- I’ve learned and am relearning the importance of grace.
- As I listen to friends and acquaintances talk about family issues, I’m reminded how lucky I am that I have in-laws and parents whom I love, a brother I adore (along with his awesome wife and adorable kids). None of us are perfect, but I know how lucky I am to have them.
- I operate on my own quite a bit at work and to be honest, feel pretty invisible a lot. I’m thankful for a few ladies I work with who pop by to say “hi”, drop off a bit of chocolate on my desk and sang “Jingle Bells” to me on one particularly challenging day.
- Thankful for an affordable gym membership.
- Thankful that Rick hasn’t pointed out that I didn’t use the gym last month.
- My friend, Trav, who reminds me to keep my eyes on the prize…being the best mom I can be for my boys.
- Health Insurance
- A working furnace
- For this website.
- That God hasn’t given up on me.
Here’s hoping that 2011 will be a year of growth, positive life changes, and an opportunity to be a blessing to someone else.
What 2010 blessings are you thankful for?
What are you looking forward to in 2011?