The Shelter of God’s Promises by Sheila Walsh
I’ve heard Sheila Walsh speak numerous times at Women of Faith conferences. She’s a gifted speaker, singer and writer. Shelter of God’s Promises is her latest effort from Thomas Nelson Publishers.
Walsh has broken this devotional down into 10 promises from God:
- Promises, Promises / I Need Something to Hold On to
- Provision / I Don’t Have Enough
- Peace / I’m Afraid and Feel Alone
- Confidence / I can’t See God’s Plan in This Pain
- Love / I Don’t Believe That Anyone Could Really Love Me
- Grace / I Have Failed
- Hope / I’m Broken
- Strength / I Feel Things Are Crashing Around Me
- More / I Know There’s Something Better
- Home / I Have a Future
The introduction was tough to get through but Walsh does a nice job using Scripture and interweaving personal stories to discuss these 10 promises from God. She’s a very honest writer, very easy to identify with.
I feel the need to point out that I’m not much of a devotional person so when reviewing one, I feel I’m not doing the book justice. That being said, Shelter of God’s Promises is a solid book and would be a great resource for a Bible study either on your own or with a group.
I received this book for free as part of Thomas Nelson Publisher’s Book Sneeze program in exchange for a book review. I was not required to write a positive review.