First of all, let me assure you that you made it past the age of 35 and was not crushed to death from a collapsing bookshelf. So just let that irrational fear go right now.
Things turn out pretty well if I do say so myself.
- You know that trumpet player that wears the finger-less gloves, Miami Vice blazer, fedora and smokes? No, not him. The other one. The cute guy. Get this…you marry him! I know, I know. You said you were never going to get married but we both know it was because you never thought you’d find somebody who would love you. Well, that guy is the ONE. But don’t bother approaching him now. Neither one of you are ready for each other yet. I’d tell you when, but knowing you (and I do), you won’t believe me anyway.
- You’re not flat-chested anymore.
- You have three kids. Yep. Three. One of them is just like you and that’s not all bad.
There’s more great things but I want to focus on a couple of helpful tips right now just in case time travel is invented.
- You know that secret dream you have? It never goes away. Stop fighting it, ignore what other people are saying, don’t go to school to be a Medical Assistant and start working on your dream!
- I know you’re thin now, too thin actually. One day you won’t be. Find a better way to deal with your feelings instead of eating them. Trust me on this. We did not treat ourselves well and now we’re paying for it.
- Speaking of feelings…what the heck are you so mad about? You are carrying around this giant chip on your shoulder and are mad at the world. That’s the reason things aren’t going so hot for you. Focus on others a bit more and yourself a little less. You’ll be happier and more pleasant to be around.
- Your mom is right. Stop wearing the baggy t-shirts, stop rolling your jeans and wash the canvas tennis shoes once in a while.
- Keep praying. God is listening.
- Nobody will be impressed that you memorized the entire score to “The Phantom of the Opera”. I’m not saying don’t do it. Just don’t tell anybody.
- Don’t listen to “F” when she suggests that you should get a credit card. Nothing good will come from it.
- Instead of getting mad at Mom and Dad, step back and look at what they’re dealing with. It’s hard running a business in this economy. They’re worried…VERY worried. Just step up and help them. It won’t kill you to cook dinner for everybody.
You are a really good person. Let the walls come down, stop the binge eating and learn to love yourself. I promise that others will and do.